Wednesday, March 01, 2006

American Idol
The guys were much better than the girls. I had previously thought that there wasn't much competition between the boys, but it has difinitely heated up some this week. So here I am...harsh...and huge expectation. With that said, Let's go Play by Play.

Taylor: 9.0/10 Taylor is great if not a little weird. There was nothing wrong with this performance except it just didn't seem up to standards. A little disappointment when you expect so much.

Overall: I'm wondering if his whole routine will get old. I don't know but we all know he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He is talented.

Ace: 8.0/10 Ace knows who loves him and he is definitely playing to the girls. This performance was boring and I thought he missed a couple of notes. He didn't grow from last week, but he still faces few problems at the moment. He could have done better.

Overall: Oh he's going to the finals, but he better hope Chris doesn't upstage him for the girl's attention.

Elliot: 9.5/10 This was a great performance. I was very impressed because it was a different song. I just love his soulful voice. Those ears! lol...He is a favorite of mine. He only improved from last week. As for next week, I want to see something different.

Overall: He has so much potential. Goofy, but cute. I see him being around for a long time.

Gedeon: 9.5/10 Gedeon really knocked me over with surprise. Last week he was good but I was not impressed with attempting to show talent with a song like "Shout." This week he really out did himself. I think he really shook things up for me. His voice is amazing, BUT... I want to see more personality. He talked about forgetting the words and that's great, but talk to me about that smile. Tell me something I want to know!

Overall: I had thought he didn't have much of a chance for the finals, but I don't now. He should make it to next week and then he better give it all he's got.

Kevin: 8.0/10 He wasn't bad, but he wasn't good either. The song started out okay, but nothing ground shaking or spectacular. He seems nice enough. The song was fairly consistent throughout, but it was missing a little extra. The judges talk to him like they feel sorry for him.

Overall: Kevin is riding on his geekiness, which isn't enough to be in the finals. I wouldn't send him home this week, but if he doesn't prove that there is more to him that that, he needs to go home.

Sway: 7.5/10 I liked this performance okay. He has a good voice and I think he is underrated. The thing is...he doesn't seem to have very much confidence in himself and when he should really use his range, he doesn't. The song was consistent and pretty good. He is comparable to Kevin but he lacks confidence.

Overall: I really want to hear him one more time, but if he goes home it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Will: 7.5/10 On the boring side. He has a deeper voice thought. He has potential but tonight was not a good night in my opinion. It was not something you would remember. I was a fan last week.

Overall: I think he has a bid for the finals but he needs to watch it. If someone was to slip in unexpectedly he could lose his spots.

Bucky: 7.0/10 I am not a fan and this didn't change my mind. He just seems a little lost to me. He lacks personality. Kinda scruffy which doesn't usually bother me. He seems so one dimensional. I would send him home after tonight.

Overall: Going home would be great. I would send him home tomorrow.

David: 7.0/10 Not bad song choice and okay singing. He just isn't that great in general. His personality is a little bland to top it off. He missing something and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe he could figure that out at home.

Overall: There is usually a reason a certain website endorses you. He just doesn't have enough to last.

Chris: 9.5/10 It was a great performance! A little on the predictable but great nevertheless. I wish Chris and Ace would switch a little bit. I want Chris to sing in the girls ear a little. I just want to see it, but I don't have to.

Overall: Oh we know he's going to the finals and he'll be around. So where are the surprises going to be found? I want a surprise.

These are my opinions. Feel free to tell me about yours!

0 Anecdotes: